Sunday, August 29, 2010

Retiring Some Clothes

Last week, I threw away a couple of shirts that had holes in them. (If I didn't already have a lot of shirts, I would've held onto them.)  As a rule, as long as a shirt has all of the fabric intact, it stays until it develops a hole or shows signs of wear in say, the collar.

With pants, the rule is they stay until they wear out at the butt or inseam, or the leg in the case of shorts. If a pair of long pants has a hole in the knee, I can cutoff the part of the leg where the hole begins (and the corresponding part of the other leg), and they'd become a pair of shorts.

One of the pairs of shorts that I have is a khaki cargo pair that used to belong to my sister. However, they turned out not to fit her, so she gave them to me. Lately, I've noticed that they're starting to develop a small hole in on of the legs. I think I'm going to have this be the last week that I wear them.(Besides, while the zippper can be closed, it won't stay closed.) Then I'll be down to three pairs of shorts (one of which is a black stretchy pair that started out as long pants until they developed a hole in one knee).  I doubt that I'll wear them all out before it's time to put them away though.

So that's three less garments in my wardrobe. That should make for more space as well as more "wearing" time for other clothes that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment