Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Donated Some Clothes

As much as I have tried to hold onto clothing that comes into my wardrobe until it wears out, I was told this weekend that I'd need to pare down a bit in order to help free up the bins used to hold them over the summer and thus free up space in my room.

I had some sweaters that had been up for elimination at the thrift store where I volunteer that some then colleagues had held onto for me in case I wanted them. I took them home and later sent them to storage for the season. I regained access to them this past weekend. There were three bins of them.

The ones I eliminated today were mainly ones that would maybe be okay on one of my grandmas but would be too "old" to be appropriate for me. I'd donate them at the store I volunteer at, but to say that space has gotten tight on us would be in understatement. So, I donated them to the local branch of the Salvation Army.

I went through the sweaters remaining even more today. I currently have a bag filled with sweaters, a jacket, and at least one sweatshirt that turned out to be too big for me. Those will be the next to go, but I'll still have plenty of what's left to incorporate into various outfits throughout the fall and winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment